ENFIELD, N.H. (AP) — Police say a 4-year-old girl playing outside of a home day care in New Hampshire suffered a traumatic injury when her coat got stuck on a branch and began choking her.
The day care is in Enfield, but WMUR-TV reports (http://bit.ly/NSQ6hs) police did not name it or identify the child. She was taken to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center on Tuesday; her condition wasn't immediately known.
Police Chief Richard Crate Jr. said the day care provider had stepped away for just a few moments when the child had gotten hung up on a "lean-to-type" stick with her jacket. He said it might have gotten caught and that cut off her airway.
The provider started CPR and called 911.
Police said no criminal charges are being considered at this time.