ST. ALBANS, Vt. (AP) -- Firefighters believe an electric clothes dryer was the source of a fire that damaged part of an apartment building in St. Albans, Vermont.
None of the seven occupants was hurt in the fire over the weekend.
City Fire Chief Gary Taylor tells the St. Albans Messenger (http://bit.ly/X4NfqH) the dryer was on the front porch and plugged into an extension cord.
About 50 firefighters responded and were able to save the building. One firefighter suffered a minor burn to his hand.
Information from: St. Albans Messenger, http://www.samessenger.com