1 cup warm water
1. Mix flour, oil, and salt until crumbly.
2. Gradually add warm water and continue mixing until the dough is smooth.
3. Divide dough into 12 equally sized pieces.
4. Roll each piece into a ball and flatten with the palm of your hand.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature for at least 15 minutes or up to an hour.
6. Heat skillet to medium high heat. The pan should be fairly hot before you begin cooking.
7. Using a rolling pin, roll out each ball into 8-10" tortilla. Be careful not to use too much flour when rolling as excess flour will burn in the pan.
8. Grease the pan with a touch of oil and carefully transfer each tortilla one at a time to the pan and cook until puffy and slightly brown, about 30-45 seconds per side.
9. Set aside on a plate to cool. Eat within an hour, refrigerate or freeze.
Sponsored by the Fit and Healthy Coalition with the support of Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital.